Tuesday 6 March 2018

Video Tutorial: Colouring Embossing with Stampin' Blends







Today I wanted to show you a technique you might not have seen previously.   But its easy and a lot of fun.... and you can get soooo many different results from this simple technique!

Its no secret I am a big fan of our Stampin' Blends markers.  These are alcohol markers and that means you can use them for a lot of different types of colouring.  Water based markers like our Stampin' Write markers are great for watercoloring and direct-to-rubber techniques, but Stampin' Blends lend themselves to a whole different type of colouring.  The alcohol markers work well even on non-porous surfaces.... which means you can use them to colour embellishments, on acetate or a whole range of different surfaces.

Which is what i have done here today.  I've heat-embossed my design in white, and then used my Blends to colour them... which means I can colour on a black cardstock background... which adds lots of drama to my projects!

The stamp set I worked with on these projects is the beautiful Flourishing Phrases set... one of my favourites.  Its a 2-box set, with lots of greetings and an oh-so-useful flourish:


And to make it even more useful there is a co-ordinating framelit set.





Here I did the same card with Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends.

Its worth mentioning that you can buy the Blends as single markers ($7.75)... or you can buy them as combo packs ($15.50). Or you can jump right in and buy the whole collection for $209.25 aud.  The collection will get you 26 markers plus the Color Lifter pen.  The colours include 2 skin-tone markers.  The markers are high quality and will rival anything else out there on the market.  They are beautiful to use.

So on to the video.  I hope you enjoy it... and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for lots more ideas and techniques.  Enjoy!

Linda D


No comments: